Saturday, 25 June 2011

Side-tracked - again.

Goodness, I haven't posted for over a week! I'm afraid I have been side-tracked with gardens, childrens activities and life in general.
You remember that I was going to have 4 hours to myself and intended to stitch the time away? Well, I had a visitor call and that was the end of that. Lovely to see them and catch up but my poor stitching hasn't got any further. When my friend called, she brought me a large pack of chunky wool that she had picked up at a car boot sale. She didn't want it, not her colour and she doesn't knit, and thought I would like to knit myself something for the winter. How lovely of her, she really is a kind and generous friend. Well anyway, I spent the next evening going through some knitting patterns to see if I had anything that I could do and Hey Presto I found a V-neck jumper that would work out great. I started straight away and because it is done on 15mm needles and is in chunky wool the back is done, the front is done and I have the sleeves to do next - still no stitching though!
An e-mail from Papillon creations revealed the final part of castles in the Air was ready to stitch up so I sorted out the threads for this but got no further.
I am hoping for a productive weekend but as I know better than to plan I shall just go along with whatever comes our way.
Enjoy your weekend and bye for now.

3 comments:

Aurelia Eglantine said...

It happens to us all :) Good luck with your stitching, and happy knitting on your sweater. Hope you have a great weekend!

Kim said...

I so can realte to this right now. Anyhow, it's nice to have a little break, you enjoy it all so much more once you get back to it.

Looking forward to seeing the lovely jumper! What a great friend!!

:)

Kim said...

Just to let you know Midge that you have an award on my blog, it's under todays posts.

Well done!!!

:)