Hi, sorry I haven't been around but we have had the lurgy! All of us have been suffering with sore throats, coughs and general malaise. Anyway, we are all on the mend now.
The peacock and pheasants have been sidelined as the confetti is driving me crackers and I want something I can get stuck into. Have I picked up one of my many UFO's? No I haven't! I have decided to start a hardanger table runner that I bought over a year ago. I got it out of the packet and it is huge. So far I have marked the fabric (top right as I always do) and done the first set of Kloster blocks. I have never done this on such a large scale before - although it is a repeating pattern - and I am finding it quite testing with the evenweave fabric and thick (perle no5) thread. There is nothing worth showing at the moment but when there is you will have pics.
My healthy eating has gone a bit astray whilst we have had this bug but luckily I haven't gained weight. I am now back on it and meeting my friend for a one hour power walk before we collect the children from school.
Mr Midge is indulging in a ski trip this weekend and I am thinking up activities for the children to do. So far we are going to bake and maybe - weather permitting go for a picnic. I thought if we were all wrapped up the fresh air would do us good plus food is lovely when eaten outdoors and my daughter has no appetite whatsoever.
Hopefully I'll be back with an update soon.
Bye for now.
5 comments:
ohhh sorry to hear you've got the lurg .... hope things improve for you soon and a picnic sounds fun ... with a wee bit of nature study thrown in too ??? love mouse xxxxx
sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. A picnic sounds just the ticket for working up an appetite.
Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Nothing makes you feel better like some bad for the waist comfort food!
Great that you have finished and framed Castles In The Air.Looks great.Hope you all feel better soon.
Oh Midge, what a rotten start to the New year, to have you and your family so sick. I hope you are all feeling okay now. Keep up the healthy eating and regular exercise; it is worth it in the long run. I have to do specific exercises to keep my neck and back mobile (arthritis is setting in) and some days I get up and think I just can't be bothered. But if I don't do those exercises for a few days, I really pay for it, so I've learnt to force myself to do them every day. (Well, most days).
Post a Comment