Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Tales from the potting shed

It's been a busy week here at home. Loads to do in the garden and no time to do it!!
Anyway, this is what has been keeping me (us) busy over the weekend.

Steve and I put a water feature in. He did the electrical work and I did the grafting. It is granite plinths on a pebble puddle and it trickles merrily away all day long now. The sound it makes is heavenly.

I promised other pics too so here they are.

Here you can see potatoes and broad beans.


Here is the salad cress and peas growing up the trellis and in the foreground some cavelo nero - a dark, rich, leafy vegetable that is gorgeous steamed and splashed with balsamic vinegar.


Savoy cabbage just starting to heart up.


Finally, some carrots that are just coming up. They need thining in the next day or so.


My stitchy bug has left home at the moment so I have nothing to show you I'm afraid. I do have an urge to start something new but as I promised myself I wouldn't untill something was complete then I will have to restrain myself.

Well, back into the greenhouse. I have tomatoes to pot on and cucumbers to plant into the beds in the greenhouse.
Bye for now.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh wow Midge, what a wonderful garden. That would be a dream come true for me. I would LOVE a vegetable garden. Please keep posting pictures as the season goes on. I'm really enjoying it.

I love that water feature! There's something so relaxing about them isn't there. The sound of water is so appealing for some reason.

Hope you find that stitchy bug again soon. I'm sure you will.

:)

Anonymous said...

I love your water feature. I also love the sound of trickling water, it is so relaxing. Your veggies are looking very healthy,great pictures.

Toni said...

Love your garden. That's what I'm dreaming also. Having a garden where we will just pick the vegetables we will need. As of now, we only have basil in my mother's garden.

It's very hard to resist the urge of starting a new piece, isn't it. I guess all stitchers suffer from STARTITIS. And the cure has never been found yet :-D